Copper oxychloride is a chemical compound that is often used in the manufacture of pyrotechnic materials, including fireworks. It is a greenish-blue powder that is soluble in water and has the chemical formula Cu(OH)C. The intensity and shade of the color produced can be adjusted by varying the concentration of copper oxychloride in the pyrotechnic mixture.
It can also be used as a fungicide and pesticide in agriculture and horticulture, as well as in the manufacturing of paints, ceramics, and other products. However, its use in pyrotechnics is perhaps one of its most well-known applications.
Harmful if swallowed or inhaled. Overexposure can lead to nausea, diarrhea, gastrointestinal distress, headaches, weakness, and possible liver and kidney damage. May cause irritation of eyes, nasal passages, throat and skin.
There are no reviews yet.