Copper carbonate is a chemical compound that is commonly used in fireworks as a coloring agent to produce blue and green colors. When heated, it decomposes to form copper oxide (CuO) and carbon dioxide (CO2), which is responsible for the blue and green hues in the fireworks.
It is typically a blue-green solid powder or crystalline substance. It can vary in color from light blue-green to a darker blue-green depending on the purity of the compound.
As for the feel, it is generally described as having a soft and silky texture due to its fine powder form. When touched or rubbed between fingers, it can leave a slightly powdery residue on the skin. Copper carbonate is not typically toxic, but it is recommended to wear gloves or avoid prolonged skin contact to prevent irritation or allergic reactions.
It is considered a relatively safe chemical to use in fireworks, as it is not highly reactive or explosive on its own. However, proper safety precautions should always be taken when handling or working with pyrotechnic chemicals to prevent accidents and ensure safety.
Copper Carbonate is harmful by inhalation and if swallowed.